A wedding is the celebration of love and togetherness. It is a very special day for a couple. But there is a lot of hard work that goes in to making this a memorable day for the couple. If you aspire to be a wedding blogger than this is the blog for you. Follow the simple steps and learn how to start a wedding blog.
This blog includes:
- Why you should be starting a Wedding blog
- Things you require to be Wedding Blogger
- Problems which Wedding bloggers face
- List of Top 10 Wedding bloggers
- How much money do Wedding bloggers make
- How can you start a Wedding blog in 7 minutes
- Best Hosting + Domains for Wedding blogging
- How to setup wordpress blog
- Top Wedding Blogging WordPress Themes
- Few essential Wedding Blogging Plugins
- Freebies from my end to Upcoming Wedding Bloggers
- Weddings are beautiful. People of different faiths have different ceremonies but they all celebrate the love and union of two people.
- The wedding industry is a flourishing industry. People are always going to have weddings whether it is a recession or a war or a boom. The only thing that will differ is maybe the budget and the scale.
- Building a readership base will not be a problem. There are people, women especially who like to read about these things from a very young age, preparing and fantasizing about their perfect day. Bridezilla’s don’t get made in a day!
- There are a lot of things you can choose from. You can blog about budget weddings or wedding trousseau or venue or caterers or review wedding planners or wedding decor… There is a wide pick. You can select whatever you like.
- It will be a very commercial and viable career option for you.
- First and foremost you need to decide what you wish to get into. Catering, decoration, entertainment, accommodation, venue, bridal wear, gifts, wedding cards, jewellery, transport, decor and so on…
- Pick one thing and start your homework. Do a complete research. Who are the best in the business? What are the prices offered? What are the usual requests? What is the most popular trend?
- Make sure you have something of people of all faiths unless you wish to build a readership within just one religious or ethnic community. If you are planning to include most of the major religions then you need to know what are their customs and beliefs with respect to marriage, so that you can guide them accordingly.
- This will help you figure out what all you need to know to write a piece.
- Network within the industry.
- Most of your readers will require a photo or video to go along with your writing.
- Make sure you get the right equipment required for taking crystal clear pictures and/or videos like a DSLR camera, a tripod, lighting equipment, mike, lenses, and so on.
- Wedding a booming but highly competitive industry which is difficult to crack into and survive.
- So network with people, stay updated on the latest trends and be on top of your game.
- You will need to dedicate a good amount of time and also may have to spend some money before you start making money out of it but that is just your opportunity cost.
- This is a very special day for someone and if they are taking your opinion or advise they will be demanding and hold you responsible. So make sure you do your research well.
- Provide the bills, receipts and budget details wherever possible. People planning a wedding are not kidding around when it comes to money.
- Get the different people from the industry to be a guest blogger on your website or you take their interviews so that your readers will get more exposure and information, plus you will get be their go to person for any such requirements in the future.
- One of the major problems that no one talks about is that of the high hopes your mother and the society starts having from you when you become a wedding blogger. The Bridezilla’s tantrums will look like a piece of cake, a piece of wedding cake and comparison!
$700 to $4500 is something which a new starting up blogger can earn. By the way there are bloggers who even earn $7600 in a month, it’s just because of their continuous efforts, proper knowledge transmission, brand collaboration, etc.
How Wedding bloggers Earn Money –
Wedding blogger earn money from different sources like – Brand endorsements, affiliate marketing, YouTube advertisement, selling of web space through ad networks and few more. The best way to check how much money do Wedding bloggers make, is to search for the top Wedding blogger’s income report. There they not only mention how much money they own, but also mention from which sources they earned.
Here’s a perfect answer how a Wedding blogger earns/make money from his blog.
Follow certain steps provided by me and you can start your blog within 7 minutes and if you are not able to do I’ll personally help you out in setting up your first blog. You might think why would I offer this to you completely free of charge? Reason for it is that when you sign up for web hosting through my recommended provider, I’ll receive commission at no extra cost to you.
For starting a Wedding blog you need 3 things – Hosting, Domain & Theme. I’ve got everything for you.
Hosting Space for Wedding bloggers
Hosting Space is a place on the internet where your blog will be hosted. To start a Wedding blog you must go for shared hosting for your initial period as it is not only suitable for your need but also fits your budget which will help you to invest in equipments you are looking out for your blog.
Now that you know that you have to buy a shared wordpress hosting space, but from where & which shared hosting to buy? to name a few there are services providers like – hostgator, bluehost, flywheel, siteground and many more. But if you ask me I’ll recommend you to choose – bluehost, It is amongst one of the best hosting every blogger prefers.
There is one more reason why I recommend bluehost, As it has a unique feature of one click installation of wordpress blog. This is a major reason why I recommend it to you as you don’t require developer skills to install it.
Domain Name for Wedding bloggers
Domain name is a name/ address of your blog. for example – thevegfood.com is a domain name. Where should you buy domain name for your Wedding blog? You don’t need to think about this, as when you choose to buy hosting space from bluehost, you get it free along with it.
Here you will find the plans which bluehost offers. I would recommend you to start with the basic plan one for your first two years of your blogging career.
After choosing a blog domain name, you will land here. Here you need to sign up by filling all the mandatory information required.
Once you’ve filled the details, next step is to select the hosting package and there is also option to select the backup & security package. I have few tools/way wherein you wont require additional amount to be paid. Just select the package here & move ahead.
Finally, you are at the last stage where you just need to pay. and then check your mail box for confirmation of your login details.
Once that you’ve purchased the hosting, now your 70% work has been done. Now you just need to login to your account and simply install.
Click Install WordPress Button and simply follow the steps below.
Select the Domain. And keep the Directory empty/blank.
Add a title, username & password. And click install now. You’re done! Now you can open your domain name on your browser and have a look at your website. If you want to go to your admin panel type in your domain name and add – /wp-admin to your domain – example – mydomain.com/wp-admin
These days, there are millions of wordpress themes available for bloggers, but how should you shortlist the right one. To make that easy I have shortlisted 10 best wordpress themes for Wedding blog based on these features – easy to install, mobile responsive, SEO optimised theme for your blog. Here are the top 10 Wedding blog theme which I have shortlisted for your wordpress Wedding Blog.
List of top 10 Theme for your Wedding Blog
- Wedding Industry – Wedding Multipurpose Couple WP
- Bridal – Wedding WordPress Theme
- Always – Responsive WordPress Wedding Theme
- Best Moments – Modern Wedding WordPress Theme
- Wedding – Responsive Wedding Theme
- Forever – Wedding Couple & Wedding Planner/ Agency WordPress Theme
- Perfect Couple – Wedding WordPress Theme
- Butterfly – A Wedding WordPress Theme
- Brideliness – Wedding Shop WordPress WooCommerce Theme
- Lilac – One-page Wedding WordPress Theme
Get more Interesting Wedding blog theme here.
In simple term, Plugins are code made simple into application for your Wedding blog to get things done without knowing coding. For example adding a like box or a sharing panel on your blog can be a difficult task as you are not a developer. But with the help of plugins, you can quickly add stuffs you want. I have shortlisted few best free plugins that you will require to start your Wedding blog.
List of Free Plugins for your Wedding Blog
Starting from launching your Wedding blog till getting your first 1000 visitors for your Wedding blog, I have made this freebies bundle for your blog which includes a Wedding blog theme, list of accounts you need to make for your new blog, important Wedding blogging tips, how to get 1000+ visitors on your blog organically and last but not least a Wedding blog content calendar & timing on when and where to post.