If you are interested in becoming a Sports blogger then this article is for you. It will help you to understand why you should be a sports blogger in the first place, like what are the pros and cons of this decision. It will help you analyse if you do decide to go ahead with this idea what are the things you need to account for and what are the challenges that you may face as a sports blogger. You will also come to learn – How to Start a Sports Blog in 7 minutes.
This blog includes:
- Why you should be starting a Sports blog
- Things you require to be Sports Blogger
- Problems which Sports bloggers face
- List of Top 10 Sports bloggers
- How much money do Sports bloggers make
- How can you start a Sports blog in 7 minutes
- Best Hosting + Domains for Sports blogging
- How to setup wordpress blog
- Top Sports Blogging WordPress Themes
- Few essential Sports Blogging Plugins
- Freebies from my end to Upcoming Sports Bloggers
- Well, for starters for many people sports is an integral part of their life. Whether it is cricket or hockey or swimming or Olympics or football, sports makes them feel alive. It is interesting, entertaining and extremely addictive.
- If you are one of these chaps, then a blog is a good way for you to channelize your energies and use them constructively to share your knowledge and opinions with the world and make some money while doing so.
- The world today is gone digital. This makes it very easy for you to connect with people who share your love for sports. Plus you have a better access to the various sporting events of your choice.
- And remember the best bloggers get the best seats and an all access card!
1. The first step would be to make sure that your foundation is strong. You need to know about the game, the rules, the history and techniques frst.
2. Next you need to identify what kind of sporting event would you like to cover. There are various options like:
- Soccer/ Football Blog
- Skate Boarding
- Snow Boarding
- Tae – Kwan – Do
- Races and so on…
3. You will need players history, statistics and game plans.
4. You will need pictures and/or videos of moments in the game that created history, that were a complete game changer. For that any basic photography equipment like camera, lenses, lighting will be sufficent.
- Make sure you get your facts and statistics right.
- The initial investment will include tickets to the games, equipment and so on.
- Take proper permissions for taking pictures or shooting videos.
- Try to make it to as many games a possible. Try and get more players to interview with you. Collaborate with the experts of the game to get their opinion for your readers.
- I will not lie. It will take time but it will be worth it and a lot of fun.
A newbie can easily earn around $700 to $4500 in a month and it increase as it start getting famous. By the way there are bloggers who even earn $7600 in a month, it’s just because of their continuous efforts, proper knowledge transmission, brand collaboration, etc.
How Sports bloggers Earn Money –
There are various ways on how a sports blogger can earn money they are as follows, Brand endorsements, affiliate marketing, YouTube advertisement, selling of web space through ad networks and few more. The best way to know how does this sports blogger earn money is to search for income report of top sports blogger wherein, they not only mention how money they own but also, mention from which source they earned it.
Here’s a perfect answer how a Sports blogger earns/make money from his blog.
Starting up a Sports blog is quite easy, it can be started within 7 minutes. For that you need to follow various direction provided by me and you will be capable enough to start the blog by your own, due to any reasons if you are not able to it I’ll personally will help you in setting up your blog and that too without any cost. Reason to it is just that if you sign up for web hosting through my recommended provider, I’ll be paid commission without any extra charges to you.
For starting a Sports blog you need 3 things – Hosting, Domain & Theme. I’ve got everything for you.
Hosting Space for Sports bloggers
Hosting Space is a place on the internet where your blog will be hosted. Initially you must go for shared hosting to start your sports blog as it is cost-effective and you will be able to invest in other equipments that you require to start a Sports blog.
Now that you know that you have to buy a shared wordpress hosting space, but from where & which shared hosting to buy? To name a few there are services providers like – hostgator, bluehost, flywheel, siteground and many more. But if you ask me I’ll recommend you to choose – bluehost, It is amongst one of the best hosting every blogger prefers.
There is one more reason why I recommend bluehost, As it has a unique feature of one click installation of wordpress blog. This is a major reason why I recommend it to you as you don’t require developer skills to install it.
Domain Name for Sports bloggers
Domain name is a name/ address of your blog. for example – thevegfood.com is a domain name. Where should you buy domain name for your Sports blog? You don’t need to think about this, as when you choose to buy hosting space from bluehost, you get it free along with it.
Here you will find the plans which bluehost offers. I would recommend you to start with the basic plan one for your first two years of your blogging career.
After choosing a blog domain name, you will land here. Here you need to sign up by filling all the mandatory information required.
Once you’ve filled the details, next step is to select the hosting package and there is also option to select the backup & security package. I have few tools/way wherein you wont require additional amount to be paid. Just select the package here & move ahead.
Finally, you are at the last stage where you just need to pay. and then check your mail box for confirmation of your login details.
Once that you’ve purchased the hosting, now your 70% work has been done. Now you just need to login to your account and simply install.
Click Install WordPress Button and simply follow the steps below.
Select the Domain. And keep the Directory empty/blank.
Add a title, username & password. And click install now. You’re done! Now you can open your domain name on your browser and have a look at your website. If you want to go to your admin panel type in your domain name and add – /wp-admin to your domain – example – mydomain.com/wp-admin
These days, there are millions of wordpress themes available for bloggers, but how should you shortlist the right one. To make that easy I have shortlisted 10 best wordpress themes for Sports blog based on these features – easy to install, mobile responsive, SEO optimised theme for your blog. Here are the top 10 Sports blog theme which I have shortlisted for your wordpress Sports Blog.
List of top 10 Theme for your Sports Blog
- Top Magazine – News, Blog & Magazine WordPress Theme
- Gusty Magazine WordPress theme
- INNOVATION: Multi-Concept News, Magazine & Blog Theme
- Sportimo – Sport & Events Magazine Theme
- NewsForest – Magazine / Blog WordPress Theme + RTL
- Medias – Multi-Concept Elegant WordPress Blog Theme
- Flow News – Magazine and Blog WordPress Theme
- The League – Sports News & Magazine WordPress Theme
- Everyday – Modish News, Magazine and Blog Theme
- Avantura – Magazine & Blog WordPress Theme
Get more Interesting Sports blog theme here.
In simple term, Plugins are code made simple into application for your Sports blog to get things done without knowing coding. For example adding a like box or a sharing panel on your blog can be a difficult task as you are not a developer. But with the help of plugins, you can quickly add stuffs you want. I have shortlisted few best free plugins that you will require to start your Sports blog.
List of Free Plugins for your Sports Blog
Starting from launching your Sports blog till getting your first 1000 visitors for your Sports blog, I have made this freebies bundle for your blog which includes a Sports blog theme, list of accounts you need to make for your new blog, important Sports blogging tips, how to get 1000+ visitors on your blog organically and last but not least a Sports blog content calendar & timing on when and where to post.