If you are interested in starting a Home Decor Blog then this article is for you. It will help you identify whether this is the right way for you, if you have what it takes to be a Home Decor Blogger. It will help you analyse what should be done to make this dream a reality. Follow the simple steps and learn how to start a home decor blog.
This blog includes:
- Why you should be starting a Home Decor blog
- Things you require to be Home Decor Blogger
- Problems which Home Decor bloggers face
- List of Top 10 Home Decor bloggers
- How much money do Home Decor bloggers make
- How can you start a Home Decor blog in 7 minutes
- Best Hosting + Domains for Home Decor blogging
- How to setup wordpress blog
- Top Home Decor Blogging WordPress Themes
- Few essential Home Decor Blogging Plugins
- Freebies from my end to Upcoming Home Decor Bloggers
- If you possess the understanding of structure and aesthetic design then, starting a home decor blog is a very good idea for you.
- It will help you broaden your scope and get a better understanding of the art.
- It will also help you make this a commercial and viable option for rather than a mere hobby or passion.
- A lot of people love to design their own space be it a home or a mere office cubicle but lack the expertise and guidance. So if you are someone who possess proper skills in this field than do something useful with the knowledge and talent you possess rather than letting it rot away in some forgotten corner.
- For many people consulting an interior, exterior or landscape designer is not a feasible option, but searching online for answers is something everyone does. Thus this ideas has a future.
- First and foremost thing you require is strong fundamentals. What I mean is the right kind of education and/or experience backing your word. So look up some courses and take some workshops about structure, designing and aesthetics.
- Next you need to conduct an extensive study of the industry. Your knowledge should not be limited to just the designing aspect but also the materials required, cost, options, alternatives, DIY options and so on.
- Setting up a home decor blog requires a lot of work, you need to be ready to bide your time doing work you do not like to get to the more successful and glamorous aspect of your job.
- You need a great camera and ancillary equipment like lenses, tripod stand, lighting equipment and so on to give your readers a realistic look at the before and after part of the space.
- Supplying your readers with a floor plan is a must for them to understand how exactly things are executed.
- You will require a good amount of initial investment. You can not start a home decor blog without decorating few spaces yourself first. Without this your readers will not take you seriously.
- You can present your work to your audience in the form of images or videos. Make sure you use good quality equipment, photographers, videographers and editors to make it look as realistic and attractive as possible.
- People reading about home decor are not usually “the – reading – a – blog – for – pleasure” kind of crowd. They mean business. So you need to give your readers the proper estimates of cost, budget and sellers from where they can purchase the materials.
- If you are planning to do a DIY, then also please provide a list of the materials you have used and the amount you have paid for it.
- Your readers will be more interested to know if there are any cheaper alternatives or discounts in the market.
- Readers will want you to review different items to ascertain if they are getting their value for money.
- You will have to convince other experts to be a guest blogger for you and contribute their experience. Readers appreciate such efforts.
Monthly income of a home decor blogger ranges from around 300$to 3000$ & only 5% bloggers earn more than 5000$.
How Home Decor bloggers Earn Money –
After knowing the approximate amount of money being earned, you would be curious to know how you can earn it? There are different sources through which bloggers can make money, such as brand endorsements, brand collaboration, affiliate marketing, selling of e-books/research, YouTube advertisement, selling of web space through ad networks and few more. One of the best way to know about the income source of bloggers is searching about the income report of top home decor bloggers where they not only mention how much money they own, but also mention from which sources they earned it.
Ideal answer about how a home decor blogger earns/make money from his blog
7 minutes are enough for a person to start a blog in today’s time. Seems a bit difficult but I can help you in making it right away within the above specified time limit. You just need to follow few instruction and within 7 minutes you will be having your blog ready, by any reasons if you are not able to do it then then I’ll personally help you in setting up your first Home Decor blog for free. Question arising in your mind would be why am I offering you all service for free, it’s just because if you sign up for web hosting through my recommended provider, I’ll receive a commission at no extra cost to you
For starting a Home Decor blog you need 3 things – Hosting, Domain & Theme. I’ve got everything for you.
Hosting Space for Home Decor bloggers
Place on internet where your blog will be hosted is known as Hosting Space. Initially to start a blog go for shared hosting as it is not only suitable for you but it’s also pocket friendly and you can invest the left out money on various equipments you are looking out for your blog. Next query that you would definitely come across is where and which share hosting to buy? Don’t worry I have everything ready for you here’s the list of various service providers: hostgator, bluehost, flywheel, siteground, etc. but the service provider which I would recommend is bluehost as it is one of the best hosting which every blogger prefer, not only that it also has a feature of one click installation of wordpress blog. This is a major reason why I recommend it to you as you don’t require developer skills to install it.
Domain Name for Home Decor bloggers
Domain name is a name/ address of your blog. for example – theunstitchd.com Is a domain name. Where should you buy domain name for your Home Decor blog? You don’t need to think about this, as when you choose to buy hosting space from bluehost, you get it free along with it.
Here you will find the plans which bluehost offers. I would recommend you to start with the basic plan one for your first two years of your blogging career.
After choosing a blog domain name, you will land here. Here you need to sign up by filling all the mandatory information required.
Once you’ve filled the details, next step is to select the hosting package and there is also option to select the backup & security package. I have few tools/way wherein you wont require additional amount to be paid. Just select the package here & move ahead.
Finally, you are at the last stage where you just need to pay. and then check your mail box for confirmation of your login details.
Once that you’ve purchased the hosting, now your 70% work has been done. Now you just need to login to your account and simply install.
Click Install WordPress Button and simply follow the steps below.
Select the Domain. And keep the Directory empty/blank.
Add a title, username & password. And click install now. You’re done! Now you can open your domain name on your browser and have a look at your website. If you want to go to your admin panel type in your domain name and add – /wp-admin to your domain – example – mydomain.com/wp-admin
These days, there are millions of wordpress themes available for bloggers, but how should you shortlist the right one. To make that easy I have shortlisted 5 best wordpress themes for home decor blog based on these features – easy to install, mobile responsive, SEO optimised theme for your blog. Here are the top 5 Home Decor blog theme which I have shortlisted for your wordpress Home decor blog.
List of top 5 Theme for your Home Decor Blog
Get more Interesting Home Decor blog theme here.
In simple term, Plugins are code made simple into application for your Home Decor blog to get things done without knowing coding. For example adding a like box or a sharing panel on your blog can be a difficult task as you are not a developer. But with the help of plugins, you can quickly add stuffs you want. I have shortlisted few best free plugins that you will require to start your blog.
List of Free Plugins for your Home Decor Blog
Starting from launching your blog till getting your first 1000 visitors for your Home Decor blog, I have made this freebies bundle for your blog which includes a Home Decor blog theme, list of accounts you need to make for your new blog, important Home Decor blogging tips, how to get 1000+ visitors on your blog organically and last but not least a Home Decor content calendar & timing on when and where to post.