In this digital age a lot of people wish to start a blog. They wish to have a platform to share their thoughts and ideas across to people and connect with different people. There are many ways you can go about this. Discover what it is that you wish to share with the world and start with a blog. If you wish to start a Gaming blog then this article is for you. It will help you identify whether this is the right way for you, if you have what it takes to be a Gaming blogger. It will also help you analyze how to go about it to make some money.
This blog includes:
- Why you should be starting a Gaming blog
- Things you require to be Gaming blogger
- Problems which Gaming bloggers face
- List of Top 10 Gaming bloggers
- How much money do Gaming bloggers make
- How can you start a Gaming blog in 7 minutes
- Best Hosting + Domains for Gaming blogging
- How to setup wordpress blog
- Top Gaming Blogging WordPress Themes
- Few essential Gaming Blogging Plugins
- Freebies from my end to Upcoming Gaming Bloggers
- Well this is simple. If you love gaming, like to try different games and dedicate most of your time to it then this is a great idea for you.
- But not every gamer can be a blogger. There are a lot of things to be considered. First and foremost, to blog you will have to put that game you are playing on hold, are you ready for such a commitment?
- Jokes apart. You need to understand that any new thing requires time and effort to prosper.
- If you can do this, then you can start a blog.
- The first step would be to make sure that you have a good idea about the most popular games and game makers.
- If you are an avid gamer then you already know how most of the popular games work and who created them, but do not take it lightly or get too overconfident.
- Next you will need good gaming equipment like a gaming console, gaming headsets, gaming mice, gaming keyboard, gaming monitors, gaming speakers, gaming controllers, the latest games and the works. Take an inventory of your current stock and buy whatever you lack.
- Next you will need good equipment to record your opinions about these games. That means you will need a good camera, lenses, tripod, cleaning gear, image and video editing software and so on.
- You will also need some help with how to write a blog, how to present your opinions, what kind of images to use, how to edit videos and so on in order to execute your idea properly.
- I would suggest you take a workshop or an online tutorial in order to acquaint yourself with the finer nuances of the job and gain some practice.
- I would also suggest you to do some research and study some other bloggers in the industry and try to figure out what works for them and what does not. You do not have to leave your style and ape them, you need to learn from their experience and mistakes.
- You will encounter copyright claims.
- You will need a lot of initial investment. Gaming equipment is very dear especially if you do not wish to compromise on quality. Make sure you check for secondhand options first.
- As I mentioned earlier starting a blog will require a good share of your time and energy. It will take you a little while but once you get the hang of it, you will start making money while enjoying the whole process.
- Please do not be under the impression that once you start a Gaming blog you will start making money immediately. It will take some while for the blog to start making some profit.
- Try to get other Gaming bloggers to write for your blog. This will ensure that there is always good content on your blog.
Sound amount of money can be gained by a new blogger which starts from $100 and goes up to $2500 per month but as the day passes blogging will be one of the best source of earning at the same time following your passion. After being an establish blog you can easily earn around $7500 every month.
How Gaming bloggers Earn Money –
As you just got a rough idea about how much money a gaming blogger make per month, but its important to know that how do they earn it. So basically there are various sources through which Gaming blogger earn money such as- Brand endorsements, affiliate marketing, YouTube advertisement, selling of web space through ad networks and few more. One of the best way to know how much money does a gaming blogger make, is to search for the top Gaming bloggers income report. Wherein they not only mention how much money they own but also specifies from which source they earned it.
Here’s a perfect answer how a Gaming blogger earns/make money from his blog.
Starting up a blog in today’s time is not at all difficult you just need follow certain instruction and you will be having your own blog ready within 7 minutes. There are certain steps which are given below to start a wordpress blog, while working on it, if you are not able to successfully start a blog than I’ll personally help you in setting up your blog that to for free. To be honest this is just because if you sign up for web hosting through my recommended provider, I’ll get paid without any extra charge to you.
For starting a gaming blog you need 3 things – Hosting, Domain & Theme. I’ve got everything for you.
Hosting Space for Gaming bloggers
Hosting Space is a place on the internet where your blog will be hosted. To start a Gaming blog you must go for shared hosting for your initial period as it is not only suitable for your need but also fits your budget which will help you to invest in equipments you are looking out for your blog.
Now that you know that you have to buy a shared wordpress hosting space, but from where & which shared hosting to buy? To name a few there are services providers like – hostgator, bluehost, flywheel, siteground and many more. But if you ask me I’ll recommend you to choose – bluehost, It is amongst one of the best hosting every blogger prefers.
There is one more reason why I recommend bluehost, As it has a unique feature of one click installation of wordpress blog. This is a major reason why I recommend it to you as you don’t require developer skills to install it.
Domain Name for Gaming bloggers
Domain name is a name/ address of your blog. for example – thevegfood.com is a domain name. Where should you buy domain name for your Gaming blog? You don’t need to think about this, as when you choose to buy hosting space from bluehost, you get it free along with it.
Here you will find the plans which bluehost offers. I would recommend you to start with the basic plan one for your first two years of your blogging career.
After choosing a blog domain name, you will land here. Here you need to sign up by filling all the mandatory information required.
Once you’ve filled the details, next step is to select the hosting package and there is also option to select the backup & security package. I have few tools/way wherein you wont require additional amount to be paid. Just select the package here & move ahead.
Finally, you are at the last stage where you just need to pay. and then check your mail box for confirmation of your login details.
Once that you’ve purchased the hosting, now your 70% work has been done. Now you just need to login to your account and simply install.
Click Install WordPress Button and simply follow the steps below.
Select the Domain. And keep the Directory empty/blank.
Add a title, username & password. And click install now. You’re done! Now you can open your domain name on your browser and have a look at your website. If you want to go to your admin panel type in your domain name and add – /wp-admin to your domain – example – mydomain.com/wp-admin
These days, there are millions of wordpress themes available for bloggers, but how should you shortlist the right one. To make that easy I have shortlisted 10 best wordpress themes for Gaming blog based on these features – easy to install, mobile responsive, SEO optimised theme for your blog. Here are the top 10 Gaming blog theme which I have shortlisted for your wordpress Gaming Blog.
List of top 10 Theme for your Gaming Blog
- News Gamer – Premium WordPress News / Publishing Theme
- GeekMag – Magazine News Blog WordPress Theme
- GAMERPRO – Fantastic Blog WordPress theme for GAME SITES
- HTmagazine – Moderne Magazine,News & Blog WordPress Theme
- Magneto – Multi Concept Newspaper / News / Magazine / Blog WordPress Theme
- NewsForest – Magazine / Blog WordPress Theme + RTL
- Gamez – Games, Movie, Music Review and Editorial WordPress Theme
- Nanopress – WordPress Responsive Blog & Magazine Theme
- WindowMag – Responsive News / Magazine / Blog Theme
- WP Portal – Review, Gaming, Technology and Viral WordPress theme
Get more Interesting Gaming Blog theme here.
In simple term, Plugins are code made simple into application for your Gaming blog to get things done without knowing coding. For example adding a like box or a sharing panel on your blog can be a difficult task as you are not a developer. But with the help of plugins, you can quickly add stuffs you want. I have shortlisted few best free plugins that you will require to start your Gaming blog.
List of Free Plugins for your Gaming Blog
Starting from launching your Photography blog till getting your first 1000 visitors for your Gaming blog, I have made this freebies bundle for your blog which includes a Gaming blog theme, list of accounts you need to make for your new blog, important Gaming blogging tips, how to get 1000+ visitors on your blog organically and last but not least a Gaming blog content calendar & timing on when and where to post.