In today’s article we are going to explore what it is that you need to start a food blog, whether it is the correct option for you and what are some of the problems that you may encounter while starting a food blog. So get ready for a sumptuous food blog.
This blog includes:
- Why you should be starting a Food blog
- Things you require to be Food Blogger
- Problems which Food bloggers face
- List of Top 10 Food bloggers
- How much money do Food bloggers make
- How can you start a Food blog in 7 minutes
- Best Hosting + Domains for Food blogging
- How to setup wordpress blog
- Top Food Blogging WordPress Themes
- Few essential Food Blogging Plugins
- Freebies from my end to Upcoming Food Bloggers
- If you think being able to eat desi Chinese with lassi or having caviar or tiramisu makes you a foodie than you are highly mistaken. Neither quirky combinations nor expensive food makes you a foodie. Much less a food blogger
- You need to understand that there is a difference between feeling hungry and being a foodie.
- You need to accept this and evaluate where you stand. You do not need to be a foodie to start a food blog but have the right attitude and passion towards it
- If you find yourself repeatedly advising people on which places to dine, or how to make a healthy but delicious dish or something along these lines then starting a blog is the right thing to do
- More and more people are switching over to the digital media
- Starting a Food blog will help you make some money and that too while doing something you love.
- You need to have an open mind and be open to trying out different cuisines and different tastes
- You need to be ready to take some risks with your food choices, try something unusual or quirky without being judgmental about it
- It is important to understand the process that goes into getting the food on the plate
- A food blogger can cover any or all aspects of the gig. You can be a food blogger who shares simple recipes or a blogger who reviews food joints or a blogger catering specifically to recipes for bachelors or kids
- Reading recipes and saving images of deliciously tempting food does not make you food blogger.
- Take a cooking class, get your hands dirty
- Understand the craft
- Learn the traditional recipes and then see what you can add to it, something that will make the recipe your own
- Note the problems you face while making a particular dish and share it with your readers. It will help build a connection, as they will be able to identify with you
- Presentation is very important. Good food is as much about taste as it is about the way it is platted
- Your audience is not going to be able to taste your food but a picture speaks a thousand words
- Make sure you use the lighting and camera angles to your advantage. Do not compromise on the camera and images used
- Use good kitchenware. I mean both the utensils you cook in and the crockery you plate in. It need not be expensive
- Always try to make the recipes simpler for your readers, suggest alternatives not only with respect to ingredients but also techniques
- If you plan to critique or review food be it on the streets, at joints, restaurants, cafes or bistros, you need a sound knowledge of ingredients, cuisines, spices and flavors
- To make your review interesting you can add either some trivia about the origin of the dish or a tale about the establishment
- Remember to be a good reviewer you do not need to hate on all the dishes served to you or heckle the chefs. Your honest opinion is what is required not a scandalous or goody – goody opinion. So do not try to over sell or overly critique any dish
- Remember there are different courses to a meal, salad, beverages, dessert, appetizers and so on. Either take them up one at a time or dive all in but learn to acknowledge them
- If your readers ask for any specific recipe or a review of any specific restaurant then add it to your to do list.
- If you are planning to cook, then the initial investment has to be taken into account. You can not make dishes in thin air
- You will require all the ingredients and cookware. Apart from this you also require a clean and hygienic place
- Make sure you are very hygienic while cooking and follow all the safety procedures. Keep a first aid kit and fire extinguisher handy
- You will need a space to store your ingredients. It has to be clean and dry
- You will need appliances like stove, refrigerator, microwave oven, mixer – grinder, food processor and so on
- Make sure that the lighting is good, so that the pictures and videos are crisp and clear
- If you are sharing a recipe with the audience, make sure you provide some alternatives and substitutes for ingredients that are not easily available. It would be great if you could share with your audience from where you get your ingredients
- If you are giving nutrition or diet tips in your blog then make sure you mention the calorie count, for which age group and body type the diet is effective
- Try to get other food bloggers to collaborate and share their articles and acknowledge on your blog for the benefit of your readers
Good amount of income is been generated by food blogger which starts from $300 and goes till $6500 against this only 5-7% of them earn above $8000.
How Food bloggers Earn Money –
After knowing the approximate amount of money being earned, you would be curious to know how you can earn money for your blog? There are different sources through which bloggers can make money such as Brand endorsements, brand collaboration, affiliate marketing, selling of e-books/research, YouTube advertisement, selling of web space through ad networks and few more. One of the best way to know about the income source of bloggers is searching about the income report of top food bloggers where they not only mention how much money they own, but also mention from which sources they earned it.
Ideal answer about how a home blogger earns/make money from his blog.
Starting a blog in today’s time is not at all a rocket science you just need follow certain instruction and you will be having your own blog ready within 7 minutes. There are certain steps which are given below to start a wordpress blog, while working on it, if you are not able to successfully start a blog than I’ll personally help you in setting up your first blog that to for free. To be honest this is just because if you sign up for web hosting through my recommended provider, I’ll receive a commision without any extra charge to you.
For starting a Food blog you need 3 things – Hosting, Domain & Theme. I’ve got everything for you.
Hosting Space for Food bloggers
Hosting Space is a place on the internet where your blog will be hosted. To start a Food blog you must go for shared hosting for your initial period as it is not only suitable for your need but also fits your budget which will help you to invest in equipments you are looking out for your blog.
Now that you know that you have to buy a shared wordpress hosting space, but from Where & which shared hosting to buy? to name a few there are services providers like – hostgator, bluehost, flywheel, siteground and many more. But if you ask me I’ll recommend you to choose – bluehost, It is amongst one of the best hosting every blogger prefers.
There is one more reason why I recommend bluehost, As it has one feature of one click installation of wordpress blog. This is a major reason why i recommend it to you as you don’t require developer skills to install it.
Here you will find the plans which bluehost offers. I would recommend you to start with the basic plan one for your first two years of your blogging career.
After choosing a blog domain name, you will land here. Here you need to sign up by filling all the mandatory information required.
Once you’ve filled the details, next step is to select the hosting package and there is also option to select the backup & security package. I have few tools/way wherein you wont require additional amount to be paid. Just select the package here & move ahead.
Finally, you are at the last stage where you just need to pay. and then check your mail box for confirmation of your login details.
Once that you’ve purchased the hosting, now your 70% work has been done. Now you just need to login to your account and simply install.
Click Install WordPress Button and simply follow the steps below.
Select the Domain. And keep the Directory empty/blank.
Add a title, username & password. And click install now. You’re done! Now you can open your domain name on your browser and have a look at your website. If you want to go to your admin panel type in your domain name and add – /wp-admin to your domain – example – mydomain.com/wp-admin
These days, there are millions of wordpress themes available for bloggers, but how should you shortlist the right one. To make that easy I have shortlisted 10 best wordpress themes for food blog based on these features – easy to install, mobile responsive, SEO optimised theme for your blog. Here are the top 10 Food blog theme which I have shortlisted for your wordpress Food Blog.
List of top 10 Theme for your Food Blog
- Marmalade – Modern Food Blog Theme
- Delight – Food Blog WordPress Theme
- Tasty Food – Recipes & Food Blog WordPress Theme
- Food Blog – WordPress theme for personal food recipe blog
- Spiced Blog – Recipes & Food Personal Blog
- Foodbook – Recipe Community, Blog, Food & Restaurant Theme
- Cooking Blog — Food Recepies WordPress Theme
- NewsPlus – News and Magazine WordPress theme
- Neptune – Theme for Food Recipe Bloggers & Chefs
- Florentine – Responsive Magazine Theme
Get more Interesting Food blog theme here.
In simple term, Plugins are code made simple into application for your Food blog to get things done without knowing coding. For example adding a like box or a sharing panel on your blog can be a difficult task as you are not a developer. But with the help of plugins, you can quickly add stuffs you want. I have shortlisted few best free plugins that you will require to start your food blog.
List of Free Plugins for your Food Blog
Starting from launching your blog till getting your first 1000 visitors for your Food blog, I have made this freebies bundle for your blog which includes a Food blog theme, list of accounts you need to make for your new blog, important Food blogging tips, how to get 1000+ visitors on your blog organically and last but not least a Food blog content calendar & timing on when and where to post.