If you are interested in becoming a health & fitness blogger then this article is for you. It will help you identify whether this is the right way for you, if you have what it takes to be a health & fitness blogger. It will help you analyse what should be done to make this dream a reality. Here’s a step by step guide to start a fitness blog in just 7 minutes –
This blog includes:
- Why you should be starting a Health & Fitness blog
- Things you require to be Health & Fitness Blogger
- Problems which Health & Fitness bloggers face
- List of Top 10 Health & Fitness bloggers
- How much money do Health & Fitness bloggers make
- How can you start a Health & Fitness blog in 7 minutes
- Best Hosting + Domains for Health & Fitness blogging
- How to setup wordpress blog
- Top Health & Fitness Blogging WordPress Themes
- Few essential Health & Fitness Blogging Plugins
- Freebies from my end to Upcoming Health & Fitness Bloggers
- If you worry about the calories that others are gaining or losing as much as you worry about your own or look forward to exercising to distress or clear your mind, or if you know the perfect diet plan or the recipe for kale chips, then you are definitely into fitness.
- But is being into fitness the same as wanting to write a blog?
- When it comes right down to it, you know why you need to write?
- Firstly because, the content is already going on in your mind, so why not pen it down?
- Secondly, It is a very constructive way to pursue your passion
- And lastly, If you work hard and are good at it, you can even make money out of it, so why not?
- Well first and foremost, you have to be fit. Not thin, not muscled. FIT
- When starting a blog, like starting anything new you need an idea. Here the idea is about a fitness blog. But a Health and Fitness blog in that name itself has two components, ‘Health’ and ‘Fitness’. On close examination you will find more aspects and sections to it.
- You have to decide what is your speciality. Do you want to concentrate on health and nutrition, or body building or weight loss, or cardio, or yoga, or diet. It is your call.
- You need to be qualified or have the equivalent experience before you start imparting advise.
- Consider and research all your options. The clearer the idea the better the execution.
- Your blog can be a mix of articles and v-logs or video – blogs, especially if you decide to go with weight training. Your audience will better understand like that.
- You will need the right kind of equipment. Say for example, if you go with yoga, then you will need a yoga mat at least.
- V-logs require the right set up in terms of camera, lighting, space and so on.
- Be simple and straightforward in your approach and instructions. The way you communicate with the audience will generate loyalty and create a brand image.
- Equipment may be one of your major issues in this case.
- Procuring the right equipment is not enough. You need to know how to operate and fix them.
- This is one kind of blogging that requires some initial investment in this regard.
- You also need to keep in mind that fitness is very body specific. Different people react differently to the same diet or exercise.
- You need to do a great deal of research and give your readers as much information as is required to identify the correct course for their specific body type.
Fitness blogger can make a lot of money which ranges from $250 to 2500$ per month. But only 5% people earn above $7000 every month.
How fitness bloggers Earn Money –
Fitness blogger earn money from different sources like – Brand endorsements, brand collaboration, affiliate marketing, selling of ebooks/research, youtube advertisement, selling of web space through ad networks and few more. The best way to check how much money do fitness bloggers make, is to search for the top fitness blogger’s income report. There they not only mention how much money they own, but also mention from which sources they earned.
Here’s a perfect answer how a fitness blogger earns/make money from his blog.
Starting a Fitness blog these days doesn’t take much time, I can help you in making it in less than 7 minutes, yes I can help you in making it right away. You just need to follow my simple steps and you are good to have your blog ready in next 7 minutes, if not then I’ll personally help you in setting up your first fitness blog for free. You might think Why would I offer this to you completely free of charge?
The answer is simple: when you sign up for web hosting through my recommended provider, I’ll receive a commission at no extra cost to you.
For starting a fitness blog you need 3 things – Hosting, Domain & Theme. I’ve got everything for you.
Hosting Space for fitness bloggers
Hosting Space is a place on the internet where your blog will be hosted. To start a fitness blog you must go for shared hosting during your initial period as it is not only suitable for your need but also fits your budget which will help you to invest in equipments you are looking out for your blog.
Now as you know that you have to buy a shared wordpress hosting space, but from where & which shared hosting to buy? to name a few there are services providers like – hostgator, bluehost, flywheel, siteground and many more. But if you ask me I’ll recommend you to choose – bluehost, It is amongst one of the best hosting every blogger prefers.
There is one more reason why I recommend bluehost, As it have a unique feature of one click installation of word press blog. This is a major reason why I recommend it to you as you don’t require developer skills to install it.
Domain Name for fitness bloggers
Domain name is a name/ address of your blog. for example – theunstitchd.com Is a domain name. Where should you buy domain name for your Fitness blog? You don’t need to think about this, as when you choose to buy hosting space from bluehost, you get it free along with it.
Here you will find the plans which bluehost offers. I would recommend you to start with the basic plan one for your first two years of your blogging career.
After choosing a blog domain name, you will land here. Here you need to sign up by filling all the mandatory information required.
Once you’ve filled the details, next step is to select the hosting package and there is also option to select the backup & security package. I have few tools/way wherein you wont require additional amount to be paid. Just select the package here & move ahead.
Finally, you are at the last stage where you just need to pay and then check your mail box for confirmation of your login details.
Once that you’ve purchased the hosting, now your 70% work has been done. Now you just need to login to your account and simply install.
Click Install WordPress Button and simply follow the steps below.
Select the Domain. And keep the Directory empty/blank.
Add a title, username & password. And click install now. You’re done! Now you can open your domain name on your browser and have a look at your website. If you want to go to your admin panel type in your domain name and add – /wp-admin to your domain – example – mydomain.com/wp-admin
These days, there are millions of wordpress themes available for bloggers, but how should you shortlist the right one. To make that easy I have shortlisted 10 best wordpress themes for fitness blog based on these features – easy to install, mobile responsive, SEO optimised theme for your blog. Here are the top 10 fitness blog theme which I have shortlisted for your wordpress fitness blog.
List of top 10 Theme for your Fitness Blog
- Magazine Tana
- Health Coach
- Spartan Magazine
- Personal Gym Trainer & Nutrition Coach
- Summer – Surf Beach Grunge
Get more Interesting fitness blog theme here.
In simple term, Plugins are code made simple into application for your fitness blog to get things done without knowing coding. For example adding a like box or a sharing panel on your blog can be a difficult task as you are not a developer. But with the help of plugins, you can quickly add stuffs you want. I have shortlisted few best free plugins that you will require to start your blog.
List of Free Plugins for your Fitness Blog
Starting from launching your blog till getting your first 1000 visitors for your fitness blog, I have made this freebies bundle for your blog which includes a fitness blog theme, list of accounts you need to make for your new blog, important fitness blogging tips, how to get 1000+ visitors on your blog organically and last but not least a fitness content calendar & timing on when and where to post.