If you are interested in becoming a fashion blogger then this article is for you. It will help you identify whether this is the right choice for you, if you have what it takes to be a fashion blogger. It will help you analyse what should be done to make this dream a reality.
This blog includes:
- Why you should be starting a Fashion blog
- Things you require to be Fashion Blogger
- Problems which Fashion bloggers face
- List of Top 10 Fashion bloggers
- How much money do Fashion bloggers make
- How can you start a Fashion blog in 7 minutes
- Best Hosting + Domains for Fashion blogging
- How to setup wordpress blog
- Top Fashion Blogging WordPress Themes
- Few essential Fashion Blogging Plugins
- Freebies from my end to Upcoming Fashion Bloggers
Are you someone who understands fashion like Sachin understands cricket?
Do you cringe when you see someone wearing the wrong colors like Govinda?
Do you often find yourself giving tips to people to get their wardrobe in order?
Do you speak brands as fluently as street lingo?
Then, my friend you are wasting your time and talent on a small group, when the world needs you.
If you are something of a fashion police, have a sound working knowledge of the technicalities of fashion trends, and great communication skills then you can even make money out of this habit of yours to make this world a good looking place.
What I am talking about is starting your very own fashion blog. The world is online now. So why not do what you love and get paid for it.
So you review which is the best store for denims for your friends or dig around to find the perfect street shopping haul or find an undiscovered designer boutiques for your pals. With a blog you do the same things, things that you love to do in any case, for a much larger audience and what’s more, get paid to do it.
Well you get paid if your website becomes popular. Plus brands may wish to advertise on your space, they may even ask you to review new products. With the right approach diversifying and expanding is not a far fetched dream anymore.
So sit down, relax take a deep breath. Now analyze your strengths and weaknesses. Do you wish to give advise? Do you wish to cover trends? Do you want an all female readership or unisex? Do you wish to write for only men? What is your target audience?
This will help you decide the name, theme and feel of your blog. This will help you to make decisions regarding the tone, the layout, the topics, basically the way ahead.
- To be a fashion blogger you need a right approach and an open mind.
- Identify your target audience.
- Keeping your target audience in mind use the right language, something that helps them connect with you.
- You may know everything there is to know about fashion and trends but you also need the right understanding of how to communicate what you know to your readers.
- Have a sense of humor. Your articles should not be drab and boring.
- Supplement your articles with images, you know what they say, ”A picture is worth a thousand words.”
- Images makes an article attractive . It is always best if you use your own images but there are other options too. Acquaint your self with image editing softwares like Photoshop, coreldraw, canva.com etc.
- Infuse your articles with something personal. A personal anecdote or your own experience with some product or trend.
- Points and bullets are more attractive than paragraphs.
- Learn to take both positive and negative criticism from your readers. Reply to your reader’s comments and if they request for something, work on it. Don’t forget haters are gonna hate, you look ahead and keep on delivering good stuff.
- A blog is not built on a fluke article or a one time wonder. You need to put something up on a regular basis and each article should be your 100%.
- The name you want may not be available. Keep some options ready. A name is important but its not the end of the world.
- Sometimes your target audience may have difficulty understanding your tone and /or language, then adjust accordingly.
- Keep a balance between the technical and non technical aspect of the blog.
- Always double check your facts and figures and only then publish/upload your article.
- Make sure the content is 100% your own and not plagiarized. Use a plagiarism checking software to avoid any mishaps. You can use http://smallseotools.com/plagiarism-checker/ to check your content is unique or no.
- Make sure the images do not violate any copyright claims. If you are using your own images then copyright them first, if you are using someone else’s images then please make sure that due credit is given. Always mention the image source.
- Infusing your articles with personal stories gives it character and depth and makes it relatable but that does not mean you over share. Know when to stop.
- Do not reply harshly to any negative comments, there are better ways to tackle hecklers.
- Always show gratitude for the positive comments and encouragements.
- Maintain a schedule and stick to it. If you are uploading articles once or twice a week or daily, then stick to a set format. It will help build a loyal readers base. Going about it in a haphazard manner will only serve to confuse your readers.
Frankly, Fashion blogger earns a lot of money which ranges from $500 to $8500 per month. But, every fashion blogger doesn’t earn money, It again depends on a list of factors that people forget to consider before dreaming of their own blog making thousands of dollars for themselves.
How fashion bloggers Earn Money –
They earn money from different sources like direct advertising – example google adsense, media.net by giving ad spaces. Or by brand collaboration or by affiliate networking.
Here’s a perfect answer how a blogger earns/make money from his blog.
Fashion blog can be made in less than 7 minutes, yes I can help you in making it right away. You just need to follow my simple steps and you are good to have your blog ready in next 7 minutes, if not then I’ll personally help you in setting up your first Fashion blog for free.
For starting a Fashion blog you need 3 things – Hosting, Domain & theme. I’ve got everything for you.
Hosting Space for fashion bloggers
Hosting Space is a place on the internet where your blog will be hosted. There are 7-8 types of hosting but I don’t want to complicate things for you – rather I’ll simply suggest you to directly opt for shared hosting as it is not only best for you but also budget friendly.
Where & which shared hosting to opt for? to name a few there are services providers like – hostgator, bluehost, flywheel, siteground and many more. But if you ask me I’ll recommend you to choose – bluehost, It is amongst one of the best hosting every blogger prefers.
There is one more reason why I recommend bluehost, As it has a unique feature of one click installation of wordpress blog. This is a major reason why I’m recommending it to you as you don’t require developer skills to install it.
Domain Name for fashion bloggers
Domain name is a nothing but name of your blog. for example – theunstitchd.com Is a domain name. Now that you know what is a domain, now a question will be arising in your mind will be – Where can I get domain name for my Fashion blog? You don’t need to think about this, as when you choose to buy hosting space from bluehost, you get it free along with it.
Here you will find the plans which bluehost offers. I would recommend you to start with the basic plan one for your first two years of your blogging career.
After choosing a domain name for your blog, you will land here. Here you need to sign up by filling all the mandatory information required.
Once you’ve filled the details, next step is to select the hosting package and there is also option to select the backup & security package. I have few tools/way wherein you won’t require additional amount to be paid. Just select the package here & move ahead.
Finally, you are at the last stage where you just need to pay. and then check your mail box for confirmation of your login details.
Once that you’ve purchased the hosting, now your 70% work has being done. Now you just need to login to your account and simply install.
Click Install WordPress Button and simply follow the steps below.
Select the Domain. And keep the Directory empty/blank.
Add a title, username & password. And click install now. You’re done! Now you can open your domain name on your browser and have a look at your website. If you want to go to your admin panel type in your domain name and add – /wp-admin to your domain – example – mydomain.com/wp-admin
Now everyone is starting their fashion blog with similar themes, so whats the point of difference your blog should have. So we came up with fast, easy to install, mobile responsive, SEO optimised theme for your blog. Here are the top 10 Fashion blog theme which I have shortlisted for your wordpress fashion blog.
List of top 10 Theme for your Fashion Blog
- Noemi lifestyle fashion blog
- Allure a fashionable blog theme
- Vogue cd a fashion lifestyle blog theme
- Raspberry a fashionable news magazine blog
- Glossy fashion blog theme for stylish affiliation
- Fason fashion magazine and lifestyle blog
- Lolipop fashion wordpress theme
- Teresa a one and multi page fashion theme
- Lapin blanc fashion blog wordpress theme
Get more Interesting fashion blog theme here.
In simple term, Plugins are code made simple into application for your fashion blog to get things done without knowing coding. For example adding a like box or a sharing panel on your blog can be a difficult task as you are not a developer. But with the help of plugins, you can quickly add stuffs you want. I have shortlisted few best free plugins that you will require to start your blog.
List of Free Plugins for your Fashion Blog
Starting from launching your blog till getting your first 1000 visitors for your fashion blog, I have made this freebies bundle for your blog which includes a Fashion blog theme, list of accounts you need to make for your new blog, important Fashion blogging tips, how to get 1000+ visitors on your blog organically and last but not least a Fashion content calendar & timing on when and where to post.